Berkshire BPW Career Advancement Scholarship
Berkshire Business and Professional Women (BPW) is an organization of professional women in the Berkshires focused on empowering women to rise, eliminate barriers, and achieve our greatest individual and collective ambitions. We foster and celebrate an inclusive community of women supporting women of all professions, career paths, life stages, and experiences. Berkshire BPW provides professional and personal development and networking opportunities for working women in our community and beyond.
For over 30 years, Berkshire BPW has supported the careers of local women through the Career Advancement Scholarship Program. The goal of this scholarship is to help women in Berkshire County further their careers by alleviating the financial barriers associated with pursuing education, training, and credentials.
Submission period has ended: Application Deadline: All applications must be received by Friday, June 18th, 2021.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To meet the goals of this scholarship program, the following eligibility criteria have been established. Applicants must be:
- A woman who lives OR works in Berkshire County
- Working or currently seeking employment
- Enrolled in an institution of higher education OR professional development, licensure, certification, or re-certification program.
Prior year (2020) BBPW Scholarship recipients are not eligible for the 2021 scholarship program, however, these recipients will again be eligible next year (2022).
- Please read the entire form before submitting your application.
- This electronic application form cannot be saved, so we recommend preparing your responses to short answer questions in a Word or Google document in advance to copy and paste into the form.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (from employers, colleagues, teachers, clergy, mentors, etc.) are required for the scholarship application. Recommendations may not be from relatives or family members.
- Attachment formats accepted: PDF, JPG, JPEG or PNG
- All required fields (marked with a red *) in this application form must be filled out completely for consideration.
Applications will be reviewed by the Berkshire BPW Scholarship Committee, trustees of BBPW’s non-profit affiliation, Berkshire County Education Council.
Scholarship Award amounts will be awarded at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee. For 2021, Scholarship Awards may range from $250 to $2,500, and are based on the applicant’s financial needs and merits.
Please contact the Berkshire BPW Scholarship Committee with any questions at email@example.com.