In March of each year, Berkshire BPW’s event is focused on mentoring. It’s a time for members to encourage and bring young business and professional women to our event for them to hear a panel of women discuss their career, challenges and how mentoring helped and supported them in that journey. Every women, regardless of age and point in one’s career, benefit from hearing the wisdom and experience of these women.
All members are asked to invite a young woman age 21-35 who lives and/or works in Berkshire County to attend our annual young careerist mentoring program, where there will be networking opportunities and a program related to career development and community service.
Each year our program includes a panel discussion with several distinguished guests.
We define a young careerist as follows:
- To be between the ages of 21-35
- Be or have been employed in a business of their profession with at least one year of full time work experience
- Be living and/or working in Berkshire County
- Be active in civic and/or volunteer organizations in the Berkshire County area
- Members become 'mentors' for the evening, inviting a young careerist to the event as their guest. The evening dinner event includes a half-hour of business networking and a panel discussion focusing on topics of interest for young professionals career advancement.
Our hope is that it will be a night to highlight mentorship, education, volunteerism and networking which are all characteristics of our wonderful organization.