Dear Berkshire BPW Members and Friends,
Usually this is where I say something about how quickly this year has gone by, and I was prepared to start this letter off that way. But then I flipped back in my calendar to recall all that we have done as BBPW this past year. The beginning of 2022 may seem like both yesterday and a lifetime ago, but it was a great year for BBPW thanks to the work of our board, members, and community.
In 2022, we:
- Welcomed 43 new members, as well as returning and renewing members to our organization.
- Returned to in-person events after two years of online-only meetings, with nearly 50 women joining us at Lift Bistro at Bosquet for our “return to in-person” event in June.
- Supported local businesses by holding events at Lift Bistro at Bosquet, Zucchini’s, Firehouse Cafe, and Methuselah.
- Awarded $13,000 in scholarships to 24 hardworking women in our communities, after receiving a record number of scholarship applications for the third year in a row.
- Learned and shared about topics and issues impacting our community and beyond, including online fraud, reproductive rights, our local justice system, taking the leap into entrepreneurship, the refugee experience, and modern witchcraft.
- Enjoyed networking, celebrated our 2022 scholarship recipients, and got creative as we enjoyed time spent together.
I hope you share my joy in revisiting some of the great things we accomplished and experienced this year, and my excitement with what is to come. As we learn more from our members and community, we continue to grow, evolve, and adapt. I am so thankful for each and every one of you and your contributions to BBPW this year, and for being on this journey with us.
Lastly, I hope you all find some time this holiday season to pause and enjoy time with those most important to you. No matter what holidays you may celebrate, may this season bring you comfort, joy, peace, and gratitude.
Thank you to all for your support and membership. I am looking forward to working with you all to make 2023 our best year yet!
All the best,