Dear Berkshire BPW members and friends,
During this challenging time of COVID-19, it is more important than ever to stay connected virtually. We have held several meetings, including our last board meeting, virtually. They all went fine and we got what we needed to do accomplished.
I do hope you enjoy the March edition of our newsletter.
Here are our updates:
- We have opened our Mentorship Program to additional mentees with a deadline of March 30th. If you are interested in being a mentee, you can apply on the website and we can add you virtually. All mentor meetings can be easily done virtually as well. We have had a couple of members show interest in being a mentor. We will add mentors as we need them. Karen Zink and Karen O’Donnell are the new Co-Chairs of this important and exciting program.
- We will stay connected via our eNewsletter monthly until this public health crisis passes.
- We have had to cancel our April dinner meeting. For those that paid for the dinner, you may either donate your $35/$40 to our scholarship account or use it for a future dinner meeting. Those of you who signed up and paid, you will receive an email directly. Be on the lookout. The content for the dinner meeting will be applied in the fall.
- We are postponing our Woman of Achievement dinner from May 4th until September 21st. The WOA Committee, Chaired by Lynn Wallace, will continue to use the time to work through the Women of Influence nominations, Sponsorships and Logistics. It will be a wonderful evening and is sure to raise a lot of money for our scholarships.
- We are planning to have some sort of virtual meeting at the beginning of June. Stay tuned for this.
- In April, we will be voting on our new board. We are seeing talented members for the following positions: Secretary Elect, VP Membership Elect and Treasurer Elect. Please contact Donna Collins at BBPWmemberhship@gmail.com if you are interested. Serving on our board is a great way to broaden your skills, get to know wonderful women and have some fun with our group.
- All board members will receive a free Berkshire BPW membership for the years they serve. (Free membership will also apply to our key speakers.)
Our Member Portal is up and you can be a part of it! Please check it out and complete your profile on the website. The member portal is a wonderful way for each of us to share our services, gain new business and make the Berkshire BPW even more robust.
June Roy-Martin is Chair of the Scholarship Committee. She will be organizing applications in June/July.
Stay safe these next few weeks. We are all in this together. Let’s help each other out wherever and whenever we can!
All my best,