Dear Berkshire BPW Members and Friends,
While the end of the year usually sneaks up on me, it seems that 2021 has flown by extra quickly. While the holiday season is busy with events, preparing, and wrapping up end-of-year activities, it is also a time to pause and reflect on the year. Like many organizations, 2021 was a challenging year for Berkshire BPW, but also an opportunity to adapt and thrive in a new way. While our safest option remained to hold meetings virtually this year, we were able to find new ways to advance our mission to help women succeed in work and life together.
In 2021, we:
- Supported continued growth of our mentoring program, with the addition of new mentors and mentees.
- Awarded $20,000 in scholarships to 20 hardworking women in our communities.
- Recognized the work of the women of the Berkshire Vaccine Collaborative for their hard work and leadership on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic through our virtual Women of Achievement Celebration.
- Raised over $30,000 to help continue our mission of supporting women in our community through career advancement scholarships.
- Welcomed new members, returning members, and renewing members to our organization.
- Assembled a strong Board of Directors who will help to lead us into 2022 with strength, creativity, and new ideas.
I hope you all take the opportunity to reflect on the work we have done this year, as well as how we can continue to evolve in the coming year and beyond. It is through the feedback, suggestions, and creativity of our board and members that we are able to continue to adapt to best serve our members and community. With that being said, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email with your thoughts, ideas, or questions.
Lastly, I hope you all find some time this holiday season to pause and enjoy time with those most important to you. No matter what holidays you may celebrate, may this season bring you comfort, joy, peace, and gratitude.
Thank you to all for your support and membership. I am looking forward to working with you all to make 2022 our best year yet, as we continue to have a positive impact on our community, as well as within our organization.