Dear Berkshire BPW members and friends,
I write this letter on one of the prettiest and warmest day of the year. Finally, after a cold and wet spring! I actually got some flowers planted in pots today, which felt good!
I hope this e-newsletter finds you and your families safe and well. The board held its third meeting via Webex this week and we are getting better at it. It is good to know that all board members are healthy and are practicing social/physical distancing. Most members are working from home through this time. While this presents its own set of challenges, we have helped to bend the curve and are starting to think through what “new normal” might look like.
Updates for the month:
- Member check-ins: board members will be calling all members of the Berkshire BPW to check-in this coming week to say help and see how you’re doing. We look forward to speaking very soon!
- Berkshire BPW Virtually: Our June 1st meeting is ON, virtually. Please plan to attend. It will be at our usual time, 5:30-7:00. It will be SO GOOD to see you all! This is a networking organization and it has felt so strange not to be in touch. The meeting will be FREE to both members and guests. We will be voting in new board members and getting your feedback on how we can improve as an organization in the coming year. There are roles available if you’d like to become engaged with the Board. And, membership is free for all board members. Regarding being virtual, if you are a whiz at managing virtual meetings (or virtual fund-raising) and would like to participate, please let me know!
- Since we were essentially “dark” for the months of April and May, the board has decided to extend all memberships by two months, making April and May free of charge.
- Berkshire BPW continues the Mentorship Program through video and phone call meetings. The website will be updated shortly with more detail and testimonials. If you are a BBPW member and would like to be a Mentee, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can make that happen for you.
- I published this in April and would like to repeat it. MEAF, or the Massachusetts Educational Assistance Fund of the MA BPW, is a fund that is available to members of the BPW/MA. All Berkshire BPW members in good standing are members of the BPW/MA. The fund is specifically for:
- Refresher courses
- Seminars that advance member training in connection with their present positions
- Course that lead to new careers
- Other assistance to cover financial need in connection with education or upgrading of skills that will lead to advancementMEAF makes grants throughout the year to applicants who are able to show they have definite plans for using their training and education, based on the criteria noted below.Applicants must submit proof of acceptance to or enrollment in the courses for which they seek funds. Receipted bill and/or copy of cancelled check(s) (both sides) or credit card statement must be attached to application. The amount to be granted a member shall not exceed $1,000 in a two-year period. The total amount to be granted a member shall not exceed $4,000. If you are interested in applying for a MEAF grant, please reach out to me at email@example.com and I will email you an application. These grants may assist our members as they re-enter the work force and may need to further their education for a new job or career.
Please check out the website and submit your information to the Member Portal.
I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on June 1st!
All my best,